Some of my work from Fly Magazine

Monday, June 18, 2012

I am a Creator

Culture. It is such a small word to describe something so rich in context. 

Culture. It is something I have always struggled defining, and for many people, something that is not understood easily in the U.S.
Often we are labeled by general names like "Black," Hispanic," and such that we never take the time to understand what culture really is.

Now just to be clear, in the United States there is culture BUT the common pop culture is an "impressed culture," not a true culture.

I have read dozens of books on the sociological effects culture has not only on a person but on the Macro level, so I will try to be as concise and practical as I can on the topic. 

In order to TRULY understand culture one must first understand their history and allow the knowledge thereof to empower themselves to be what we truly were meant to be, CREATORS.

To understand culture and it's true meaning beyond the impressed culture one must find themselves first.

Background: I am a of Spanish, Italian, Aztec, Cherokee, French, and other Native American tribes genealogically. Raised in Denver Colorado. A "Chicano", who does not speak spanish and was raised with just as many Black friends as I did Latino friends. 

One thing I have always struggled to understand was why I would encounter reverse racism, from Mexicans imp articular who were so proud of speaking spanish and being a "Real Mexican." This is something at keeps the Latino Community from organizing. A basic tactic of Europeans, as shown in history in India and Africa. 

By making people of tribal descent fight over small differences between us, it allows someone else to control the masses. Let me elaborate.

The first thing someone does who speaks Spanish when you do not is to scoff at the fact you speak English, insinuating that you are white. A immediate correlation to the rulers who oppose our own tribal ancestors.

For an explanation on this I am going to refer to my obsession with the civil rights movement, black leaders and Pan-Africanist. Often in my life I have had people accuse me of acting black, when in all actuality I was only engaging in the impressed media driven culture given to me.

However I have always found the struggle of the Black race very fascinating for a couple of reasons. One because I was raised poor and it was easy to relate to the lifestyle of the urban centers of america. Two I have always understood that if the rulers of this country wish to destroy the power of the people it will be through destroying the black race first, then on to the next whether it be Latinos or Asian, and so forth.

So in order to fight back against those who wish to destroy us all, we must study those who trail blazed against those forces in the past. Probably due to the media and lack of information, as a Latino-american there are very little leaders in the past, Ceaser Chavez, Corky Gonzales, Che Guevara and so forth. So I studied Huey Newton, Marcus Garvey, George Washington Carver, and so forth.

For all the similarities Latino have with the Black population in the United States we have one thing that is significantly different.

Africans were cut off from their culture twice, once when brought from Senegal or West Africa to the new world. 2nd when the U.S suppressed the revolution in the 1960's and the suppression of the Civil Rights movement.

Latinos however, suffer from an internal generational anger. See there are two things ALL Latinos have in common.

One everyone of us has both tribal and European ancestry. At some point all one of our ancestors was raped by a European settler.

Two we all have been generational victims of some form of European Imperialism. Which brings us back to the discussion of reverse racism.

What is done in American with the propaganda of Nationalism, Consumerism and Militarism is put on the U.S. and Mexico. Why you ask? because our medias are both ruled by the elite European Bankers. the very people who destroyed our tribal ancestors.

Nothing is more evident to this than the languages we speak.

Spanish is only the spoken language of South America and Mexico because of the Spanish Settlers who imposed their culture on our ancestors.

Similarly because I am the victim of generational British Imperialism I speak English.

So to identify one's self first is to understand this. Then to go back and find the true culture of your ancestors. 

What you will find most of the time is that we come from tribal roots. My ancestors danced in circles around the drum as well, and lived their lives as CREATORS.

Art, Dance, Music, Food, Knowledge are Universal Cultures we all have. So to be consumed by this impressed culture keeps one from knowing their true self and their purpose.. which is ...

To be a CREATOR....

SAY IT AGAIN... I AM A CREATOR.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment